If you really want to get the most out of your workouts, then you should know why training with a buddy is advantageous. Training with a buddy can make a huge difference in your training and might even make the difference between failure and success. It doesn’t matter if you work incredibly on your own, training with a buddy is always advantageous. It can get you to push yourself even harder and therefore achieve better results. Here are the main reasons why you should be training with a buddy:
- It can help you achieve your fitness goals – Research done at Stanford University has found a correlation between motivational phone calls and exercise. They found out that receiving a phone call every two weeks could boost your workout time by nearly 80%. These calls should be focused on how much you worked out the past week if you missed any workouts, and how your workouts could improve the following week. So even if you haven’t quite found a buddy to do your training with yet, you can still boost your motivation quite a bit by just having someone call you once in a while and asking you about your training. The point is that if something as simple as a phone call can motivate you, imagine just how powerful face-to-face contact would be.
- It becomes a lot more fun – It’s great to be able to have fun during your workouts. As a matter of fact, fun workouts can even make you look forwards to them and therefore allow you to be committed to them over longer periods of time. And by training with a buddy, there’s no doubt you’ll have even more fun than if you were working out on your own.
- You’re encouraged to try new exercises – You’re a lot more likely to try out new workout routines or exercises if you’re with someone else. If you’re on your own, you’re likely to just stay within your comfort zone.
- It helps you maintain good form – Having someone else with you can encourage you to maintain good form when exercising or using the equipment. Also, if you’re unsure of something, your partner will likely be able to help you achieve the proper form.
- You have competition – having someone else training with you will probably mean you will be competing with each other to some extent. This is good since having competition will get you to give it your all.
- Motivation and support – Having someone constantly be there for you, motivating you when you need it the most, can make a huge difference. It is a surefire way to boost your confidence, help you stay committed, and allow you to reach your fitness goals.
- Safety – There’s nothing like a good spotter when you need to do some bench pressing or squats.
Those are the main reasons why training with a buddy is advantageous. There’s nothing bad with working out on your own, but if you can do it with a buddy it’s even better!