Turn on the TV after midnight and start channel surfing. There’s a pretty good chance that you’ll find plenty of infomercials promising you marked abdomens with the use of their new abdominal training machine or special training program. These promises for amazing abs are everywhere, and after doing thousands of crunches and brutal abdominal routines every week, you’d think you would end up with a killer six pack or a super flat stomach. However, this is usually not the case. This is because you don’t need to do sit-ups 24/7 or use any special machine that’s designed just for your abs in order to achieve good results. Having marked abs requires intelligent training, having a healthy diet and using minimal training equipment. The following are five surefire ways to get killer abs:
- Slim down – You HAVE to lose the excess fat. No matter how many crunches or sit-ups you do, you will never see your abs if they are hidden under 5 inches of flab.
- Follow a low carb diet – A diet low in carbohydrates is one of the best ways to burn abdominal fat. The extra glucose in your body is either stored for later use or converted into fat. A low carb diet helps to reduce the amount of insulin, making your burn stored fat into energy. This, of course, leads to weight loss. However, you should not completely eliminate them from your diet either as they are good for you too.
- Get into some HIIT cardio training – this high-intensity training can be quick and effective. A good exercise to try is altering between a minute of sprinting and a minute of walking. Doing about 5 to 10 sets of these can go a long way.
- Work on your abdominal muscles – Some of the exercises that I have found to be the most effective are hanging leg raises abdominal crunches and cable crunches. These three exercises will give you a good workout and bring you that much closer to the killer abs you desire.
- Cheat – That’s right, you can cheat. I recommend that you don’t follow the low carb diet too strictly from time to time. That’s because if you stick to it for too long, your body gets used to it and slows down your metabolism. By cheating from time to time not only do you maintain a good metabolism, but you are also more likely to stick to your routine. This is because you won’t become too frustrated with the diet and decide to just quit altogether. Also, you won’t become as bored and will likely keep going.
Having killer abs is a bigger challenge. However, the rewards and satisfactions that accompany the achievement of your goal are priceless. And not only that but the path to those amazing abs allow you to become a healthier person too! And as an added bonus, no matter what your gender you are, it is almost certain that the opposite sex prefers someone with a well-marked abdomen. So get up and follow these five tips! They’re a surefire way to get you those killer abs!