Contrary to what some people may believe, working out your back is actually quite important. Even though it is one of the toughest places to work out, it is very important for hypertrophy workouts, fat loss workouts, posture and more. Most of us tend to focus on just the chest area when we hit the gym. Unfortunately, though, that creates muscle imbalances and rounding of the shoulders that eventually makes some of us look like slouching apes when standing. A nicely trained back can be of tremendous help when needing to work out other areas of the body too and rewarding in many other aspects as well. So without any further ado, here are five infallible muscle building back workouts:
- Barbell Deadlift – This is one of the best workouts for overall back side development. You have to be extra careful with the technique you use for this one, but once you have it down you will eventually be able to lift monster sized weights that will help you even further in getting big. The barbell deadlift is also a popular recommendation by physiologists to their patients because not only does it hammer your musculature, it is also a superb choice for bone structure strengthening.
- Wide-grip pull-up – This exercise is one of the toughest when it comes to bodyweight exercises. However, the results are incredible. You will find that the wide-grip pull-up is very effective at working your upper lats. Also, it makes a good warm-up for the shoulder joints too. Be aware though that It’s important to watch out for technique and good form with this exercise too. If you don’t, then you probably won’t get the results you seek.
- Bent-over barbell deadlift – The bent-over barbell deadlift allows you to lift huge amounts of weight while evenly working out both your upper and lower back. This makes it a fantastic overall back builder. It requires excellent technique too but rewards you with a ton of muscle!
- Single-arm dumbbell row – This infallible unilateral work out tacks on many advantages besides a bigger back. First of all, it allows you to move a lot of weight since each side is independent. Also, if your weaker side gives out, your other side is still good to keep going. On top of that, you also have a greater range of motion when you train.
- Seated cable row – Seated cable rows are excellent for getting a strong, wide back. It focuses on the trapezius, which is what gives your back strength and thickness that is usually associated with raw power.
Those are the five infallible muscle building back workouts that I highly recommend to all of those who seek incredible back muscles. If you do them correctly and regularly you’ll achieve the back of your dreams in no time. However, remember that no matter how good these exercises are, you should still maintain an active and healthy lifestyle. It is fundamental in helping you achieve your goal of a thicker and stronger back.