According to Dr. Jane Greer, when couples exercise together, it can have a positive impact on the relationship; physically and emotionally. Today, we’ll take a look at 10 surefire ways the gym can sharpen your relationship.
- Motivation – Everyone has their ups and down. However, if you have someone waiting for you at the gym, then you are more likely to be encouraged and motivated to go work out after all.
- Quality time – Quality time takes on a whole other meaning when you train with your partner. Not only are you talking and having a good time, you are also both pushing yourselves to your physical and mental limits.
- Good looks – Let’s face it, hitting the gym together has its advantages. Not only do you burn all those unwanted calories you’ve been complaining about all week, but you also get to sharpen your looks for your partner. Because come on, who doesn’t love a good body?
- Transparency of emotions – Training can bring out the best and the worst in you. Going to the gym is always a roller coaster of emotions. One minute you feel great, and the other you feel like throwing in the towel. If you still love your partner after seeing him/her go through that, then you are truly meant to be.
- A shared diet – Losing weight and eating healthy becomes much easier if someone accompanies you. You no longer have to stare at someone else’s food since most likely you’re both eating the same thing.
- Knowing each other’s goals – When you train with your partner, the odds that you lose sight of your goals are diminished. Imagine being with someone who is constantly reminding you to keep going. You would likely never give up your goal.
- Taking a day off together – You both know hard you have trained and look forwards to relaxing. What better way to spend that relaxing day than with someone who deserves it just as much as you do?
- Less fighting – Life can be very stressful sometimes but exercising always makes you feel better. This is a result of the endorphins produced through exercise. This will help you relax and avoid starting a fight in your relationship.
- Empathy – In the end, it is the person who knows exactly what you are going through who can best identify with your training problems. They know exactly what it’s like to have a bad day and can be very helpful at making you feel better.
- New relationship levels – Whether you realize it or not, training together can take the relationship to another level. This is because you get to go through a lot good times and bad times together. Everything from losing weight or learning a new workout technique to finally getting that 6 pack or flat stomach you’ve been after.
Just like being in a relationship, taking care of your body also requires commitment, time, and effort. Training together is not only a surefire way to sharpen your relationship, but it also makes you feel healthy and fit. So what are you waiting for? Go get your partner and hit the gym!
If you really want to get the most out of your workouts, then you should know why training with a buddy is advantageous. Training with a buddy can make a huge difference in your training and might even make the difference between failure and success. It doesn’t matter if you work incredibly on your own, training with a buddy is always advantageous. It can get you to push yourself even harder and therefore achieve better results. Here are the main reasons why you should be training with a buddy:
- It can help you achieve your fitness goals – Research done at Stanford University has found a correlation between motivational phone calls and exercise. They found out that receiving a phone call every two weeks could boost your workout time by nearly 80%. These calls should be focused on how much you worked out the past week if you missed any workouts, and how your workouts could improve the following week. So even if you haven’t quite found a buddy to do your training with yet, you can still boost your motivation quite a bit by just having someone call you once in a while and asking you about your training. The point is that if something as simple as a phone call can motivate you, imagine just how powerful face-to-face contact would be.
- It becomes a lot more fun – It’s great to be able to have fun during your workouts. As a matter of fact, fun workouts can even make you look forwards to them and therefore allow you to be committed to them over longer periods of time. And by training with a buddy, there’s no doubt you’ll have even more fun than if you were working out on your own.
- You’re encouraged to try new exercises – You’re a lot more likely to try out new workout routines or exercises if you’re with someone else. If you’re on your own, you’re likely to just stay within your comfort zone.
- It helps you maintain good form – Having someone else with you can encourage you to maintain good form when exercising or using the equipment. Also, if you’re unsure of something, your partner will likely be able to help you achieve the proper form.
- You have competition – having someone else training with you will probably mean you will be competing with each other to some extent. This is good since having competition will get you to give it your all.
- Motivation and support – Having someone constantly be there for you, motivating you when you need it the most, can make a huge difference. It is a surefire way to boost your confidence, help you stay committed, and allow you to reach your fitness goals.
- Safety – There’s nothing like a good spotter when you need to do some bench pressing or squats.
Those are the main reasons why training with a buddy is advantageous. There’s nothing bad with working out on your own, but if you can do it with a buddy it’s even better!
Contrary to what some people may believe, working out your back is actually quite important. Even though it is one of the toughest places to work out, it is very important for hypertrophy workouts, fat loss workouts, posture and more. Most of us tend to focus on just the chest area when we hit the gym. Unfortunately, though, that creates muscle imbalances and rounding of the shoulders that eventually makes some of us look like slouching apes when standing. A nicely trained back can be of tremendous help when needing to work out other areas of the body too and rewarding in many other aspects as well. So without any further ado, here are five infallible muscle building back workouts:
- Barbell Deadlift – This is one of the best workouts for overall back side development. You have to be extra careful with the technique you use for this one, but once you have it down you will eventually be able to lift monster sized weights that will help you even further in getting big. The barbell deadlift is also a popular recommendation by physiologists to their patients because not only does it hammer your musculature, it is also a superb choice for bone structure strengthening.
- Wide-grip pull-up – This exercise is one of the toughest when it comes to bodyweight exercises. However, the results are incredible. You will find that the wide-grip pull-up is very effective at working your upper lats. Also, it makes a good warm-up for the shoulder joints too. Be aware though that It’s important to watch out for technique and good form with this exercise too. If you don’t, then you probably won’t get the results you seek.
- Bent-over barbell deadlift – The bent-over barbell deadlift allows you to lift huge amounts of weight while evenly working out both your upper and lower back. This makes it a fantastic overall back builder. It requires excellent technique too but rewards you with a ton of muscle!
- Single-arm dumbbell row – This infallible unilateral work out tacks on many advantages besides a bigger back. First of all, it allows you to move a lot of weight since each side is independent. Also, if your weaker side gives out, your other side is still good to keep going. On top of that, you also have a greater range of motion when you train.
- Seated cable row – Seated cable rows are excellent for getting a strong, wide back. It focuses on the trapezius, which is what gives your back strength and thickness that is usually associated with raw power.
Those are the five infallible muscle building back workouts that I highly recommend to all of those who seek incredible back muscles. If you do them correctly and regularly you’ll achieve the back of your dreams in no time. However, remember that no matter how good these exercises are, you should still maintain an active and healthy lifestyle. It is fundamental in helping you achieve your goal of a thicker and stronger back.
I’m sure most men that are into working out are already quite familiar with the importance of protein in muscle building. However, when looking at muscle growth, it is essential to know that building muscle also requires carbs, water, a good diet and more. The following are 5 of the most vital foods for a brawny physique:
- Foods rich in protein – Our muscles are made up mainly of protein and water. This means that consuming the right amount of proteins is vital for good muscle growth. It is recommended that a good portion of the calories you that you eat come from protein. Some foods that are rich in protein include fish, nuts, chicken, beans, seeds, and beef. However, make sure to also consume plenty of muscle-building foods with plenty of amino acids and a variety of protein shakes as well. This is in order to get as many different types of amino acid into your body. Why? Because even though your muscles are made of protein, that protein is made up of amino acids. They are the basic building blocks of muscles. It is convenient to try and get your protein from as many different sources as you can in order to broaden your consumption of different amino acids and help you gain a brawny physique.
- Protein shakes – Protein shakes are highly effective at increasing your muscle mass due to a number of proteins that you can find in them. And as stated before, this is important because aside from water your muscles are mainly just protein. Protein helps your body to recover and repair itself. It also helps you build bigger and stronger muscles after a good workout. Plus, it’s a good source of protein if you do not have the time to make yourself the appropriate protein-rich foods.
- Water – Try drinking at least a liter of water daily. Dehydrated muscles take a lot longer to repair themselves than hydrated ones. Plus, drinking water helps your muscles look bigger too.
- Carbohydrates – Carbohydrates are used by your body mainly to provide you with energy. Eating the right amount of carbohydrates can help you have the energy you need during extensive workout sessions. I usually recommend getting your carbs from oatmeal, wheat bread, sweet potatoes and wild rice. This ensures a stable blood sugar level, leading to superb energy.
- Healthy fats – Healthy fats are not only essential for both your brain and your heart, but also for energy and hormone regulation. If not enough healthy fats are included in your diet, then your testosterone levels may begin to drop. This is NOT good. You definitely want good levels of testosterone in your body if you plan on ever achieving a brawny physique. Simply stated, testosterone is the hormone that makes a man manly.
Well, those are five of the vital foods that I’d highly recommend to anyone serious about getting a brawny physique. As you can see, you don’t necessarily have to give up good food to get ripped. Why not start right away?
Turn on the TV after midnight and start channel surfing. There’s a pretty good chance that you’ll find plenty of infomercials promising you marked abdomens with the use of their new abdominal training machine or special training program. These promises for amazing abs are everywhere, and after doing thousands of crunches and brutal abdominal routines every week, you’d think you would end up with a killer six pack or a super flat stomach. However, this is usually not the case. This is because you don’t need to do sit-ups 24/7 or use any special machine that’s designed just for your abs in order to achieve good results. Having marked abs requires intelligent training, having a healthy diet and using minimal training equipment. The following are five surefire ways to get killer abs:
- Slim down – You HAVE to lose the excess fat. No matter how many crunches or sit-ups you do, you will never see your abs if they are hidden under 5 inches of flab.
- Follow a low carb diet – A diet low in carbohydrates is one of the best ways to burn abdominal fat. The extra glucose in your body is either stored for later use or converted into fat. A low carb diet helps to reduce the amount of insulin, making your burn stored fat into energy. This, of course, leads to weight loss. However, you should not completely eliminate them from your diet either as they are good for you too.
- Get into some HIIT cardio training – this high-intensity training can be quick and effective. A good exercise to try is altering between a minute of sprinting and a minute of walking. Doing about 5 to 10 sets of these can go a long way.
- Work on your abdominal muscles – Some of the exercises that I have found to be the most effective are hanging leg raises abdominal crunches and cable crunches. These three exercises will give you a good workout and bring you that much closer to the killer abs you desire.
- Cheat – That’s right, you can cheat. I recommend that you don’t follow the low carb diet too strictly from time to time. That’s because if you stick to it for too long, your body gets used to it and slows down your metabolism. By cheating from time to time not only do you maintain a good metabolism, but you are also more likely to stick to your routine. This is because you won’t become too frustrated with the diet and decide to just quit altogether. Also, you won’t become as bored and will likely keep going.
Having killer abs is a bigger challenge. However, the rewards and satisfactions that accompany the achievement of your goal are priceless. And not only that but the path to those amazing abs allow you to become a healthier person too! And as an added bonus, no matter what your gender you are, it is almost certain that the opposite sex prefers someone with a well-marked abdomen. So get up and follow these five tips! They’re a surefire way to get you those killer abs!